Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: ACCA Board of Directors
Position Description: The CEO is responsible for leading the Athens Community Council on Aging (ACCA) and is accountable to the Board of Directors. The CEO has overall accountability, responsibility, and authority of the agency in accordance with the strategic plan and objectives adopted by the Board of Directors. The CEO assures that the agency meets the requirements of the donors, funders, and recipients of ACCA services in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This position represents ACCA with a wide range of external stakeholders involved in the aging community, including non-profit, governmental, corporate, and community members. The successful candidate will serve as a leader at the local, regional, state and national level on behalf of the agency and clients, and should have an established career and successful track record in aging services, preferably in Georgia. In addition, this individual should possess a high level of broad business and management skills and documented effectiveness at generating resources and financial support for aging services. The CEO is also the chief steward of the Athens Community Council on Aging and is responsible for cultivating a positive and productive work environment among the staff, and ensuring that ACCA has a reputation for excellence and high ethical standards in the community. The CEO is tasked with building ACCA’s community presence and developing mutually-beneficial relationships that can extend and enhance agency resources. The successful candidate must promote a culture of integrity in the agency and maintain accountability for the overall operations and fiscal integrity of ACCA within the policies set by the Board of Directors. As leader of this agency, the CEO must be able to articulate a strong vision for ACCA based on knowledge of trends in aging services, and demonstrate experience in effective programming for older adults in order to lead and mentor the agency’s management team.
- Serve as the principal resource to the Board of Directors, key volunteers and committees to provide strong direction in policy formulation and direction for agency programs.
- Oversee the development of annual work plans, budgets, program evaluation, and strategic plans to ensure the organization’s success.
- Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors and demonstrate an understanding of board development
- Provide leadership and direction to staff and direct supervision of management team.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills and effectiveness at public speaking.
- Maintain accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity and accountability of ACCA.
- Increase visibility and community presence for ACCA.
- Promote a culture of fundraising in the organization and the Board while developing and growing relationships with foundations, corporations, and individuals to support resource development for the organization.
- Provide strong leadership on the local, state, and national levels by providing direction, and serve on state and national taskforces if requested.
- Stay current on the issues and legislation affecting aging services, and engage in advocacy and education with key policymakers.
- Develop a vision and roadmap so ACCA can adapt to changing policies and economic circumstances affecting aging services.
- Demonstrate experience overseeing complex budgets with federal and state funding streams.
- Demonstrate experience with and understanding of volunteer management.
- Oversee agency operations and work closely with key management staff to ensure program efficiency.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public or Business Administration, Social Work, Gerontology, Education, or a related field or exemplary experience in aging services.
At least five years progressively responsible experience in non-profit administration and demonstrated management experience including personnel supervision, program planning and delivery, public relations, financial management, development/fundraising, and general management functions.
At least 10-15 years overall experience in aging services is strongly preferred.
Significant board development, fundraising, marketing/branding and fiscal management experience required.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Board of Directors.
Application Procedures: Interested applicants should submit an agency application, cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references to the search committee. Agency application may be found at www.accaging.org.
CEO Search Committee
c/o Nita Norris
Athens Community Council on Aging
135 Hoyt Street
Athens, Georgia 30601
Or send electronically to:
Nita Norris at email@example.com.
Applicants must fully complete an agency application and submit a resume in order to receive consideration.
Athens Community Council on Aging, 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, Georgia 30601. www.accaging.org.
ACCA is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Please Note: Although you can fill in a form while it is displayed within your browser, we strongly recommend that you not do so. You will lose all entered form data if you browse to other web pages in the same browser window that you are using to display the screen fillable form. If you fill out the form in your browser, you may not be able to save the information on screen when saving to your hard drive.
We recommend that you open the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader program, click File => Open and locate the form saved on your computer hard drive. Then fill out the form in Acrobat Reader independently from your browser.
For questions about employment or to request an application, contact Nita Norris or you can download ACCA Employment Application and submit electronically through email to Nita Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org