Director of Development and Volunteer Services: The Athens Community Council on Aging is seeking a Director of Development and Volunteer Services with strong fundraising experience, including special events, sponsorship solicitation and the ability to develop and nurture relationships with key volunteers, major donors, and corporate sponsors.
- Collaborate with the Development Committee and Chief Executive Officer to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Prepare monthly reports on progress, budgets, and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities
- Identify and develop corporate, community and foundation prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Implement the fund development plan in accordance with agencies strategic plan
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events and annual gift solicitations to generate funds for the organization
- Manage the organization’s Donor Database and keep membership information current
- Coordinate and secure in-kind donations
- Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Develop and implement planned giving program with new and existing donors
- Pursue grant opportunities including identification of foundation opportunities, writing proposals, and managing grant reporting requirements
- Work with the Chief Marketing Director to develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the activities of the organization
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Recruits and develops relationships with cooperate volunteers, sponsors and event participants.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with donors, volunteers, faculty and administrative personnel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in higher education, development, fund raising or equivalent experience in a non-profit institution. Heavy special event fundraising experience is highly preferred. The position requires strong organization, verbal and written skills, the ability to work on various events simultaneously and a strong eye for detail ACCA offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit, resume and cover letter including salary history and agency application www.acccaging.org under employment opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must fully complete an agency application form and submit a resume in order to receive consideration. Athens Community Council on Aging, 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, Georgia 30601. www.accaging.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For questions about employment or to request an application, contact Nita Norris or you can download ACCA Employment Application and submit electronically through email to Nita Norris at email@example.com