Outreach Coordinator/Administrative Support, Full-Time
This is a multi-faceted position for a committed and motivated person managing our marketing, communications, and outreach. Join a mission-driven team dedicated to the older adult population of our community by promoting a lifetime of wellness through engagement, advocacy, education and support. Primary duties include:
- Create and implement an annual outreach plan.
- Build and strengthen relationships with media, government, community and related organizations.
- Organize, attend and present at relevant community meetings and events.
- Develop public education and information materials, presentations and displays for agency use. Ensure consistent use of agency logo, mission and tagline.
- Write press releases, articles, letters, video scripts and other public relations documents.
- Serve as direct contact for press relations with the agency.
Event Planning and Marketing
- Maintain and update website as needed.
- Coordinate social media marketing including use of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Manage agency email list and create and distribute email newsletters, blasts and fundraising drives.
- Responsible for the production and distribution of the ACCA quarterly magazine, “Connections” including ad sales and overseeing design and layout work of outside vendor.
- Assist the Director of Development and Volunteers with the planning and coordination of annual ACCA fundraisers.
- Organize community and agency meetings and events, as necessary.
- Coordinate with design vendor the creation and updating of general agency and program brochures and materials.
- Attend all Board meetings and assist the Secretary of the Board of Directors and CEO in preparation for each meeting.
- Provides efficient and professional administrative support to the CEO and other Administrative staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Journalism, English Literature, English Composition, Communication, or Education.
- Minimum two years’ experience in marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to write promotional materials.
- Strong communication skills, and a knowledge of community resources.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office, database use, and aptitude for learning new software.
- Experience with web design preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
Excellent benefits including retirement plans, medical and dental plans, paid holiday, vacation and sick time.
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Health Activity Aide, Full-Time
This position is part of our Bentley Adult Day Health Center Team and works closely with the Activities and Nursing staff to provide meaningful care and support to our clients. This position is full-time, Monday through Friday.
- Providing personal care to clients.
- Implementing activities with clients.
- Nursing Assistant Certification.
- Dependable transportation.
$7.80 per hour. Excellent benefits including retirement plans, medical and dental plans, paid holiday, vacation and sick time.
Applications may be found online at www.accaging.org or picked up at ACCA, 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, GA 30601
Submit resume and completed application to: ACCA, 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, GA 30601.
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must fully complete an agency application and submit a resume in order to receive consideration.
Athens Community Council on Aging, 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, Georgia 30601. www.accaging.org.
ACCA is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Please Note: Although you can fill in a form while it is displayed within your browser, we strongly recommend that you not do so. You will lose all entered form data if you browse to other web pages in the same browser window that you are using to display the screen fillable form. If you fill out the form in your browser, you may not be able to save the information on screen when saving to your hard drive.
We recommend that you open the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader program, click File => Open and locate the form saved on your computer hard drive. Then fill out the form in Acrobat Reader independently from your browser.
For questions about employment or to request an application, contact Nita Norris or you can download ACCA Employment Application and submit electronically through email to Nita Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org