Each week’s focus will be the following:
- ACADEMY ORIENTATION: Meet your class, hear from ACCA’s CEO and the Senior Leadership Academy Steering Committee. Enjoy a bus tour of Athens.
- BUSINESS: Meet local business leaders. Take a tour of some of Athens own corporations and local businesses.
- HUMAN SERVICES: Enjoy an up-close view of Athens’ social services.
- GOVERNMENT: Meet the Mayor and public safety officers. Take a tour of City Hall and the Athens-Clarke County Courthouse.
- EDUCATION: Learn more about the local education system and tour some of the facilities. See your SPLOST money at work!
- HEALTH CARE: Learn about the health care network – how it works and how you can most benefit. Tour medical facilities and meet local health care leaders.
- ARTS & HUMANITIES: Athens has a lot to offer, you just have to know where to look! Discover some of Athens’ entertainment venues and art museums.
- UGA: Learn about the history of this great campus and what it has to offer. Later, receive your certificate of completion of the Academy at our graduation ceremony.
The cost of the program is $80 per person. This includes a catered lunch at each session, supplies and most transportation for the program. The deadline to register is January 31, 2014, but a $5 Early Bird discount will be given for registrations completed and paid by December 27, 2013. For more information, contact Emory Griffith, Senior Corps Volunteer Coordinator at 706-549-4850 or email@example.com.