Center for Active Living
ACCA IN ACTION DURING COVID-19
• Meals on Wheels program
• Food and commodity bag drive thru pick-up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the ACCA campus from 11 am – 2 pm
• Grocery and other essential deliveries
Priority to those aged 60+ and persons with disabilities. For more information, please
call 706.549.4850 or email email@example.com.
STAYING ACTIVE DURING COVID-19
• Transportation to critical medical appointments
• Buddy calls
•ACCA’s Center for Active Living Virtual Activities Calendar
For more information, please call 706.549.4850
The Center for Active Living (CAL) is a wellness center dedicated to keeping older adults active, independent and thriving. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, connect, explore, and contribute to community life. The Center is located in the heart of Athens, GA, a lively college town named by Forbes as one of the Best Places to Retire in the U.S.
Your Choice of Programs
The Center offers two programs – CAL and CAL Plus+ – tailored to your unique needs and interests. Both provide a diverse mix of educational seminars, social and cultural programming, travel, opportunities for fellowship, and health-related classes designed for adults over 50.
Joining the CAL program is similar to a gym membership – pay an annual fee and come and go as you please. You’ll find an extensive roster of dance, balance enhancement and fitness classes available to keep you moving and shaking. New to town, looking to meet new people or sample all the area has to offer? Our popular trips take us to cultural and historical attractions, performances and other points of interest locally and further afield. You can find our full catalogue in the back of ACCA’s quarterly magazine, Connections.
- $50/year for Athens-Clarke County residents
- $60/year fee for residents outside of Athens-Clarke County
- Renewal date is one year from the date you join
CAL Plus+ Membership:
While CAL is all about classes, CAL Plus+ is a congregate meal program where members enjoy a morning of activities in a group setting (8am-1pm, Mon – Fri.) We offer a diverse calendar of activities, including cooking demonstrations, health talks and screenings, gardening, bingo, outings, and more. The program includes a delicious lunch, resource support and door-to-door transportation for those who qualify.
- Funding may be available for Athens-Clarke County residents 60 and over. Inquire with us!
- For Athens-Clarke County residents under 60: $50/year plus $9/day (lunch) and $10/day (transportation).
- For residents outside Athens-Clarke County: $60/year plus $9/day. Transportation not provided.
To learn more about our Center for Active Living, please call Allyn Rippin at (706) 549-4850.