Center for Active Living
The Center for Active Living (CAL) is a wellness center dedicated to keeping older adults active, independent and thriving. We offer unique learning opportunities, exciting trips and a variety of social, cultural, recreational, and health-related classes tailored to adults over 50. The Center is located in the heart of Athens, GA, a lively college town that was also named by Forbes as one of the Best Places to Retire in the U.S.
Your Choice of Programs
The Center offers two concurrent programs designed to meet your needs and interests. Both programs offer a mix of health, educational and recreational programming as well as trips and events.
Joining CAL is similar to a gym membership – pay an annual fee and come and go as you please. You’ll find an extensive roster of dance, exercise, balance enhancement and fitness classes available to keep you moving and shaking. New to town, looking to meet new people or sample all the area has to offer? Our popular trips take us to cultural and historical attractions, performances and other points of interest both locally and further afield. You can find our full catalogue in the back of ACCA’s quarterly magazine, Connections.
- $50/year for Athens-Clarke County residents
- $60/year fee for residents outside of Athens-Clarke County
- Renewal date is one year from the date you joined.
- Click to Renew Your Subscription Here
CAL + (Plus) Membership:
While CAL offers flexibility, the CAL+ program offers a congregate meal program for seniors who wish to attend the Center regularly from 8am-1pm, Monday-Fridays. We offer a diverse calendar of activities, such as cooking demonstrations, health talks and screenings, gardening, bingo, outings, and much more. The program includes a delicious lunch, door-to-door transportation for those who qualify, and case management.
- $50/year plus $9/day (meal) and $10/day (transportation) for residents of Clarke County under 60.
- $60/year plus $9/day (meal) for residents outside Athens-Clarke County. (No transportation available.)
- Funding may be available for Clarke County residents age 60+.
To learn more about our Center for Active Living, please call Allyn Rippin at (706) 549-4850.