Center for Active Living
CAL is open weekdays from 8:00am-4:30pm
Come Age Well and Live well with us! The Center for Active Living (CAL) is one of Georgia’s leading senior wellness centers dedicated to helping adults 50+ stay active, independent and thriving. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, connect, explore and stay fit. The Center is located in the heart of Athens, GA, a lively college town named by Forbes Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Retire” in the U.S.
We are pleased to offer social, recreational, educational and health & wellness programming in person and virtually.
Fitness and Movement Classes
Connect mind-body-spirit, gain strength, master your balance and find your tribe with one of our group movement classes. We offer yoga for all levels, line dancing, tai chi, low impact exercise, and more.
Cultivate lifelong learning with informational talks by experts in their field. We cover a range of topics, from how to maintain healthy brain and body to outsmarting your smartphone.
Creativity and Play
Creativity and play have no age limits. We offer a fun mix of monthly art-making classes, trivia, and games like Bingo and Mahjong.
Stay for lunch, grab a snack and go, or enjoy a morning cup of coffee. Lunch is included for those who qualify for our Congregate Meal option (reservation and paperwork required). Café Hours: 8:30 am – 2pm. Lunch Hours: 11 am – 2pm
Travel and Adventure
Whether you’re an armchair traveler or adventure seeker, we offer popular trips, both in-person and virtual, that span the globe. From Atlanta to Alaska, the world is your oyster.
- Unlimited access to CAL Classes, Computer Lab, and Fitness Equipment
- Discounts on CAL Trips
- Enjoy the CAL Café. Stay for lunch, grab a snack and go, or enjoy a morning cup of coffee. Lunch is included for those who qualify for our Congregate Meal option (reservation and paperwork required).
- Need a lift? We provide transportation to doctor appointments, grocery stores, pharmacies and other essential errands.
- New Members: $50/year for residents of Athens-Clarke County; $60/year for non-residents
- Renewals: $40/year for residents; $50/year for non-residents *Funding may be available for eligible members age 60+.
To sign up for the CAL weekly newsletter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive ACCA’s quarterly magazine, Connections, contact email@example.com.
To become an ACCA Volunteer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an idea for our calendar? Want to lead a class or start a group? Contact Allyn Rippin, CAL Director, at 706-549-4850 or email@example.com