The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) matches volunteers, age 55 and up, with a wide variety of service opportunities to address the needs of older adults in our community. Are you looking to use your lifetime of experience in a new way? Do you want to stay engaged and active in retirement? Then this is the volunteer program for you! RSVP taps into the skill set of its volunteers, while also offering a chance for personal growth through new experiences.
Want to know more, but unsure of how to start? Join our Senior Leadership Academy!
Online registration begins October 1st.
RSVP Volunteers at ACCA:
- Get people where they need to be as Volunteer Drivers.
- Share their hobbies and interests with a homebound, older adult through the Buddy Program.
- Deliver meals through the Meals on Wheels, Takeout Tuesday, and Lunch Buddy programs.
- Grow fresh produce in the ACCA Community Garden, and sell it at our weekly Produce Stand.
- Help prevent Medicare fraud, and counsel Medicare recipients on their benefits as GeorgiaCares volunteers.
- Lead the Senior Corps Advisory Council in managing and growing the three Senior Corps programs.
“If you stay home you have a tendency to do nothing, and see no one. I enjoy the work and interaction with others. It gives me a reason to get up and do something. Everybody needs a purpose.” – BJ, RSVP Community Garden Volunteer
RSVP volunteers are at least 55 years old and live in Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Madison, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, or Walton County. Prior to enrollment, volunteers will clear background checks.
Benefits of the program include personalized placement and ongoing support from the Senior Corps staff, supplemental insurance while volunteering, high quality training, and reimbursement of some expenses. In addition to these tangible benefits there are numerous intangible rewards to getting involved, giving back and making an impact in the lives of others. Research has found that volunteering provides older adults with improved physical and mental health and greater life satisfaction. In other words, giving back makes you feel good!
For more information about these opportunities call our Volunteer Coordinator at (706)549-4850.