Thank you for your interest in working at ACCA!
Are you ready to bring your talent and expertise to an innovative non-profit organization providing quality services to the largest growing segment of our population? Do you seek work that is challenging, meaningful, and fun? Does your best day at work include knowing that what you’ve done has made a measurable difference in someone’s life?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, ACCA is the place for you!
At this time we are hiring for the following positions:
Long-Term Care Ombudsman Representative, Part Time
ACCA is looking for a part-time Long-Term Care Ombudsman (LTCO) representative to advocate for the rights of people living in long term care facilities in Gwinnett County. This position will primarily serve residents living in Snellville, Lilburn, Norcross and Duluth.
About Us: Serving northeast and east Georgia, ACCA is the nonprofit providing a comprehensive resource of expertise and opportunities for adults and families who need and desire the essentials to age and live well. We do this by offering programs and services that address basic needs, such as food and transportation, and personal fulfillment gained through building relationships, expanding knowledge, and making meaningful contributions to the community. With more than 50 years of experience, ACCA helps people navigate – and celebrate – life’s second half, positively impacting their health and well-being, and making their communities an even better place to live.
Our Long-Term Care Ombudsman staff work to improve the lives of residents in personal care homes, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living residences through regular visits, complaint investigation, and community education.
Reports To: LTCO Program Coordinator
Supervises: LTCO volunteers
- Promote the well-being, quality of care, and quality of life of residents in long term care facilities.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to long-term care facilities, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities and personal care homes.
- Provide information and referral services to residents, their families, facility staff, ACCA staff, and the public concerning, at a minimum:
- Georgia Ombudsman Act, Patients’ Rights, Older Americans Act, and state/federal regulations affecting the LTCF residents.
- The Long-Term Care system including services available, selection criteria, and the aging network.
- Referrals to other agencies, programs, etc. if information or service is needed outside the scope of the LTCO program.
- Receive and document resident complaints. Upon completion of certification, investigate and resolve complaints.
- Assist in an on-going LTCO Community Education program:
- Develop materials and provide information on LTC issues and the LTCO program for distribution or presentation to residents, community organizations, groups and agencies.
- Perform public and community relations activities for the LTCO program and the Athens Community Council on Aging.
- Assist with the organization of Resident and Family Councils as requested.
- Provide staff assistance to the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Advisory Council.
- Assist with inter- and intra-agency coordination, maintaining active working relationships with agency and community programs.
- Assist the Coordinator in providing recruitment, selection, supervision, orientation, and evaluation of volunteers as appropriate in the execution of their duties.
- Must be an independent self-starter! This is a home-based position with regular travel in the Gwinnett County area.
- Ridiculously detail oriented.
- Able to quickly establish a rapport with a wide variety of people.
- Great memory for detail.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills.
- An undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university.
- A minimum of two years professional experience, with at least one year in aging, long term care or related fields.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Our Hiring Process & Timeline:
- We will receive and review applications and resumes through February 5, 2021.
- Remote interviews will be scheduled beginning February 12, 2021.
- Finalists may be invited to a second-round interview and we will make an offer shortly after.
In all its activities, hiring, and operations, ACCA complies with federal law, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The Agency shall be committed to providing an inclusive environment for all clients, staff, vendors, suppliers, contractors, board members, visitors, and volunteers.
Applicants must fully complete an agency application form and submit a cover letter and resume in order to receive consideration. Athens Community Council on Aging, 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, Georgia 30601. www.accaging.org.
ACCA is An Equal Opportunity Employer
In all of its activities, hiring, and operations, ACCA complies with federal law, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The Agency shall be committed to providing an inclusive environment for all clients, staff, vendors, suppliers, contractors, board members, visitors, and volunteers.