Thank you for your interest in working at ACCA!
Are you ready to bring your talent and expertise to an innovative non-profit organization providing quality services to the largest growing segment of our population? Do you seek work that is challenging, meaningful, and fun? Does your best day at work include knowing that what you’ve done has made a measurable difference in someone’s life?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, ACCA is the place for you!
Bilingual Intake Specialist, Temporary and Part-Time
Are you an ready to bring your talent and expertise to an innovative non-profit organization providing essential services in Athens? Do you seek work that is challenging, meaningful, and fun? Does your best day at work include knowing that you’ve made a measurable difference in someone’s life? If so, ACCA is the place for you!
As part of our agency’s commitment to help everyone age well, ACCA is looking for a part-time Intake Specialist fluent in Spanish and English who will receive and process requests for emergency food assistance. This is a temporary, part-time position beginning September 1, 2020 and ending December 31, 2020.
About Us: Serving northeast and east Georgia, Athens Community Council on Aging (ACCA) is the nonprofit providing a comprehensive resource of expertise and opportunities for adults and families who need and desire the essentials to age and live well. We do this by offering programs and services that address basic needs, such as food and transportation, and personal fulfillment gained through building relationships, expanding knowledge, and making meaningful contributions to the community. With more than 50 years of experience, ACCA helps people navigate – and celebrate – life’s second half, positively impacting their health and well-being, and making their communities an even better place to live.
Reports To: Director of Programs and Services
- Everything starts with intake.
- Receiving and returning calls for community members seeking emergency food support
- Collecting and entering all required information and details
- Provide detailed information to callers about resources available in the community
- Maintains a professional attitude and demonstrates empathy and patience when speaking with callers
- Demonstrates ability to converse with varying client personalities to collect pertinent details
- Responsible for keeping strict confidentiality of all protected information concerning client
- We stay busy but like to have fun! A great sense of humor is a must!
- A High School Diploma from an accredited High School or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Able to accurately translate verbal information into written correspondence.
- Possesses strong technical capability and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection.
This is a remote, work from home position with flexible hours Monday – Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm
Our Hiring Process & Timeline:
- We will receive, and review resumes through August 19
- We will begin scheduling interviews on August 20
- In-person interviews will begin on August 21, 2020
- We would like to have the selected candidates start no later than September 1
In all its activities, hiring, and operations, ACCA complies with federal law, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The Agency shall be committed to providing an inclusive environment for all clients, staff, vendors, suppliers, contractors, board members, visitors, and volunteers.
Applicants must fully complete an agency application form and submit a cover letter and resume in order to receive consideration. Athens Community Council on Aging, 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, Georgia 30601. www.accaging.org.
Senior Hunger AmeriCorps VISTA
Spend a year being an anti-hunger hero! Join ACCA as the Senior Hunger AmeriCorps VISTA!
We are currently accepting applications for our next Americorps VISTA. This individual will work to increase capacity, grow partnerships and expand the reach of our initiatives combating senior hunger.
VISTAs serve for a full year and receive a bi-monthly stipend. Additionally, VISTAs who successfully complete their term of service are eligible for an additional cash stipend or financial educational award.
If you are interested in learning more and to apply for this position, please visit: ACCA VISTA Position.
ACCA is An Equal Opportunity Employer
In all of its activities, hiring, and operations, ACCA complies with federal law, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The Agency shall be committed to providing an inclusive environment for all clients, staff, vendors, suppliers, contractors, board members, visitors, and volunteers.