Thank you for your interest in working at ACCA!
Are you ready to bring your talent and expertise to an innovative non-profit organization providing quality services to the largest growing segment of our population? Do you seek work that is challenging, meaningful, and fun? Does your best day at work include knowing that what you’ve done has made a measurable difference in someone’s life?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, ACCA is the place for you!
Director of Development and Communications
Job Overview and Requirements
ACCA is looking for a Director of Development and Communications to complete our leadership team and manage the strategic growth and coordination of our fundraising efforts.
About Us: Founded in 1967, the Athens Community Council on Aging is a private, non-profit organization providing services to older adults and adults with disabilities in 26 counties of Northeast and East Georgia. Through innovative program and service delivery, ACCA provides opportunities for individuals of all ages and abilities to live and age well.
Our Story: Older adults are the fastest growing segment of our population in Northeast Georgia. Throughout ACCA’s history, we have offered vital services to older adults and adults with disabilities that meet the current and emerging needs of this population. ACCA must respond to the rapidly growing number of individuals in need of services while ensuring that the programs and services we provide remain innovative, relevant and meet the specific needs of older adults in Northeast Georgia.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Director of Development and Communications will be responsible for the design and implementation of ACCA’s fundraising efforts with an emphasis on donor relations and communication. This person will cultivate and manage ACCA’s culture of generosity and gratitude and ensure that all ambassadors (board, CEO and staff) have what they need to be successful in their efforts to increase financial resources.
The Director of Development and Communications will develop systems, research prospects and ‘set the table’ for the President/CEO to cultivate prospects, steward donors and close gifts. This person will lead the efforts of the Outreach and Special Events Coordinator, overseeing the planning and execution of ACCA special events. In addition, s/he will work collaboratively with senior leadership to develop and implement communication strategies to broaden the impact of ACCA’s programs and oversee organizational messaging. S/he will work as a staff liaison with the Board Development committee to ensure that the board has tools and training and is fully engaged in the efforts to raise needed funds. Our hope is to add an emerging leader to our team who will partner with us to ensure that ACCA remains the premier provider of aging services in Georgia.
Reports To: President/CEO
Supervises: Outreach and Special Events Coordinator
- Develop and execute ACCA’s annual fundraising plan to include goals and strategies for major gifts, direct mail, special events, private foundations and corporate sponsorships.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Manage the implementation of ACCA’s fundraising software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Utilizing donor data, create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual, individual, foundation and corporate donors.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with ACCA donors.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, committees/sub-committees and the President/CEO and staff, oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of fundraising events, donor receptions and events, and other special events.
- Provide the front-line support of ACCA’s Development efforts through a variety of stewardship activities, including but not limited to online, print, written acknowledgements and special events.
- Provide on-going development and stewardship reports to the President/CEO, Program Staff and ACCA Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with the CEO and leadership team to develop and implement communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach, deepen impact and share success.
- Ensure that ACCA’s developed “core” messages maintain organizational consistency.
- Serve as executive editor for the organization’s website, Connections magazine and social media activities.
- In coordination with the President/CEO, oversee organizational response to inquiries about the ACCA.
- Cultivate and Manage ACCA’s culture of generosity and gratitude through the coordination of a structured and systematic stewardship communications program to include recognition of donors of all levels, correspondence with donors detailing/demonstrating the impact of gifts and providing effective interpersonal communications via phone, online and face to face.
- Raise the bar for excellence and celebrate progress.
- Serve as a member of ACCA’s Leadership Team and contribute to the development of ACCA’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the President/CEO informed of all critical issues.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the Outreach and Special Events Coordinator.
- Promote a culture of high performance teamwork and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff member receives timely and appropriate training and development.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- We stay busy but like to have fun! A great sense of humor is a must! This position demands comfort with public speaking.
- In love with ACCA and its mission and ready to shout it from the rooftops.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills.
- Ridiculously detail oriented.
- Knows how to build a relationship via phone or email.
- A minimum of two years non-profit experience with preferred experience in a development role.
- Goal oriented.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License required
Our Hiring Process & Timeline
- We will receive and review resumes through January 24, 2020.
- We will begin scheduling interviews on January 27, 2020.
- In-person interviews will begin on January 28, 2020. If you are chosen for an in-person
interview, we will ask for two work samples relevant to this position (ex: a process you
created, writing sample or other relevant materials).
- Finalists will be invited to a second-round interview and we will make an offer shortly
- We would like to have the selected candidate start no later than middle to late February.
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid long-term disability
- 403(b) with agency match after 1 year of service
ACCA is An Equal Opportunity Employer
In all of its activities, hiring, and operations, ACCA complies with federal law, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The Agency shall be committed to providing an inclusive environment for all clients, staff, vendors, suppliers, contractors, board members, visitors, and volunteers.