Thank you for your interest in working at ACCA!
Are you ready to bring your talent and expertise to an innovative non-profit organization providing quality services to the largest growing segment of our population? Do you seek work that is challenging, meaningful, and fun? Does your best day at work include knowing that what you’ve done has made a measurable difference in someone’s life?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, ACCA is the place for you!
ACCA is looking for part-time and full-time transportation drivers, Monday-Friday, 8AM-4:30PM. $10/Hour.
Responsibilities include operating agency vehicles, including wheelchair lift vans, for transporting clients. Applicants must be able to assist passengers as needed from point of departure to their destination. Applicants must possess a desire to work with older adults, meet background check requirements and have a clean Motor Vehicle Report. Benefits package includes medical, dental plans, holiday, vacation, sick pay and retirement plans.
Above all we need dependable, friendly and courteous drivers.
Activity Assistant, Winder Adult Day Health
Job Overview and Requirements
We are looking for an Activity Assistant for our Winder Adult Day Health (ADH) Center who will work with our team to bring creativity, thoughtfulness and joy to our members through a variety engaging therapeutic activities.
About Us: Serving northeast and east Georgia, Athens Community Council on Aging (ACCA) is the nonprofit providing a comprehensive resource of expertise and opportunities for adults and families who need and desire the essentials to age and live well. We do this by offering programs and services that address basic needs, such as food and transportation, and personal fulfillment gained through building relationships, expanding knowledge, and making meaningful contributions to the community.
With more than 50 years of experience, ACCA helps people navigate – and celebrate – life’s second half, positively impacting their health and well-being, and making their communities an even better place to live.
Reports To: Winder Adult Day Health Coordinator
Supervises: The activity responsibilities of staff, interns and volunteers
- Work with the ADH Activities Coordinator to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate a comprehensive, person-centered therapeutic activity program.
- Work with members and staff to create monthly activity calendars that include daily therapeutic activities, field trips, indoor and outdoor recreation and themed events.
- Ensure programming is appropriate to the abilities of the group and can be easily adapted to ensure individual engagement and participation.
- Train and supervise staff, volunteers and interns on the implementation of daily activities.
- Conduct the initial and routine assessment of individual member’s abilities, development of goals and objectives for each member and evaluation and documentation of progress toward goals.
- Manage the activity supply budget and purchase needed equipment and supplies.
- Implement the policies, procedures, forms, and standards of performance of all ACCA Meals on Wheels activities, and complete MOW deliveries in the absence of volunteers.
- Work as a member of the ADH team, providing support and coverage as needed.
- Work with the ACCA Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, orient and supervise volunteers.
- We stay busy but like to have fun! A great sense of humor is a must! This position demands comfort with public speaking and a healthy dose of silliness.
- The ability to communicate with individuals with communication limitations including hearing loss, aphasia and dementia.
- The ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and lead them in reaching activity goals.
- 2+ years’ experience working with older adults, adults with disabilities and/or persons living with Alzheimer’s or related dementia required. Nationally Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or bachelor’s degree in a related health or social science field or Activity Professional Certificate preferred.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Our Hiring Process & Timeline
- We will receive and review resumes through October 25, 2019.
- Interviews will be completed by November 8, 2019.
- Finalists may be invited to a second-round interview and we will make an offer shortly after.
- The selected candidate will start no later than November 18, 2019.
ACCA is An Equal Opportunity Employer
In all of its activities, hiring, and operations, ACCA complies with federal law, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The Agency shall be committed to providing an inclusive environment for all clients, staff, vendors, suppliers, contractors, board members, visitors, and volunteers.